Buy this book | Online Bookstore
Early Morning Meditation Talks
by Swami Atmaswarupananda
Swami Atmaswarupananda was born in Canada in 1925,
and he has been a resident of Sivananda Ashram since 1974.
Table of Contents
1. What Do We Really Long For?
2. We Must Want to Know the Truth
3. Jumping off the Cliff
4. Does Your Sadhana Prepare You for the Battlefield?
5. Spiritual Practices Are Not an End in Themselves
6. We Are Rebels Against God
7. The Way to Peace
8. Live Today
10. The Goal Is Beyond Feelings
11. The True Revolutionary
12. Do I Really Want God?
13. Choosing Between Being Special and Being Ordinary
14. Do Not Disturb
15. Spiritual Extremism
16. Expressing the Divine Will
17. Karma Yoga
18. The Genius of Gurudev’s Unorthodox Teachings
19. We Are the World
20. Facing the Truth
21. The Heroic in Us
22. You Won’t Let Go
23. Listening with Our Heart
24. Seeing the Presence of God
26. A Test for Ethics and Morality
27. Taking a Universal Point of View
28. Controlling the Senses
29. Waking Up from Our Long Dream
30. The Secret of Happiness
31. Why Aren’t We Reaching the Goal?
32. The Importance of Common Sense
33. Adapt, Adjust and Accommodate
34. Wake Up!
35. Letting Go of the Past
37. Being Casual About God
39. Overcoming Mediocrity
40. Going Beyond Self-images
41. Dealing with Pleasure and Pain
42. A New Beginning
43. Rising Above the Narrow View
44. The Neutral Factor in Us
45. Is Life Fundamentally Positive or Negative?
46. Overcoming Negative Forces
48. True Dispassion
49. Purity and Spiritual Experiences
50. Bringing the Meditation Experience into Daily Life
51. The Art and Science of the Spiritual Life
52. Integrating Self-effort and Dependence upon God
53. Discovering the Fundamental of Your Spiritual Life
54. Going Beyond Fixed Ideas
55. Understanding Teachings Properly
56. The Spiritual Purpose of Japa
57. True Selfless Service
59. Becoming Like God
60. The Wisdom of Not Knowing
61. No Room for Diffidence
62. Liberation Is Our Responsibility
63. We Are Body, Mind and Spirit
64. Lead Us Not into Temptation
65. What Is Ignorance?
66. Deepening Our Surrender
67. Connecting Ourselves with God
68. The Real Thou
69. The Conscious and the Inert
71. Becoming Impersonal
72. The Importance of Will
73. An Understanding Heart
74. Wanting Nothing
75. Freeing Ourselves from Slavery to the Mind
76. Abandoning I Want, I Know, and I Am
77. Our Attitude to the Guru
78. The Need for Both Introspection and Meditation
79. Wait No Longer
80. Simple Living and Simple Thinking
81. A Simple but Powerful Spiritual Practice
82. Being Convinced
83. Believing the Truth
84. Making Our Spiritual Life Progressive
85. Victory Is Everything
Early rooming meditation has long been a tradition at Sivananda Ashram. Heldin the sacred Samadhi Hall of the founder of The Divine Life Society, HisHoliness Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj, the present format was inaugurated byHis Holiness Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj during his birthday celebrationsSeptember 24, 1984. Since then, fulfilling a promise he made that day, wheneverhe has been in the ashram revered President Swamiji has given a daily talkduring the morning meditation gathering.
In 1995, Swamiji Maharaj requested Sri Swami Atmaswarupanandaji to also givea brief talk six mornings a week. Later he requested him to have the talksrecorded and brought out in book form. This volume of 85 talks is in response tothat request, and it is being released on the auspicious 85th birthdayanniversary of revered Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj.
In the text, H.H. Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj is referred to as”Gurudev,” and H.H. Sri Swami Chidanandaji Maharaj is referred to as”Swamiji.” Sanskrit words that the reader may not be familiar with canbe found in the glossary.
It is hoped that many of the thoughts expressed in these talks will resonatewith seekers after the Truth, and be of assistance to them in their sadhana andtheir search for God.
September 24, 2001
THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY
Buy this book | Online Bookstore