|THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY||HOME||TEACHINGS||MESSAGES||RELIGIONS||DISCOURSE||SAINTS||SWAMI SIVANANDA|
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go BackBook Code: ES79
Paperback: 262 pages
Book Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.50 inches
Shipping Weight: 270 grams
YOGA AND VEDANTA
by Swami Sivananda
Table of Contents
About This Book (Back Cover) Dedication (5) Prayer (7) Letter by Swami Sivananda (8)
1. Light of Yoga 11 2. Obstacles in Yoga 19 3. Yogic Instructions 28 4. The Mysterious Mind 42 5. The Pure and the Impure Mind 57 6. Pratyahara 59 7. Concentration and Meditation 61 8. Conquest of Mind 68 9. Experiences in Meditation 73 10. Samadhi 78
1. What Is Vedanta 83 2. Gist of Vedanta 88 3. Gospel of Vedanta 96 4. Easy Steps to Vedanta 100 5. Vedanta—Thy Birthright 105 6. Light of Vedanta 109 7. Thoughts of Vedanta 115 8. Practical Vedanta 120 9. Vedanta Is Living Experience 124 10. Vedantic Culture 126 11. Garland of Vedanta 131 12. Atma-Svarajya 134 13. Experiences of the Four States 139 14. Turiya or the Fourth State 144 15. Vedanta and Sannyasins 148 16. Western Philosophy and Vedanta 153 17. Wisdom of the Upanishads 159
(2) VEDANTIC SADHANA
1. Vedantic Sadhana 169 2. Fourfold Sadhana 174 3. What Is True Vairagya? 180 4. The Pancha Koshas 186 5. Shad Lingas 195
(3) VEDANTA AND THE
1. The Theory of Creation 197 2. Maya and Creation 204 3. Adhyasa or Superimposition 210 4. World Is an Illusion 218 5. World Is Unreal 226
(4) RAMBLES IN VEDANTA
1. Practical Religion 230 2. Real Education 235 3. Ahamkara 239 4. Who Is a Jivanmukta 245 5. Message of Amrita 250 6. Philosophy of the Two Birds 255 7. Anubandha Chatushtaya 260
About This Book
Yoga is an exact science. It aims at the harmonious development of the body, the mind and the soul. Yoga bestows perfection, peace and eternal bliss.
The path of Vedanta is the most natural. It is nothing but manifesting what you exactly are in essence.
Be Thyself. Thou art the resplendent Atman. Be rooted in this supreme consciousness. Eternity is thy very nature. Realise this now and here.
Deep as the ocean is thy life. Nothing can harm you. Thou art the all-pervading Immortal Soul.
It is mainly through books that we establish a connection with and obtain the fruits of a great mind’s lofty labours. This avenue is open to all. In their books the Great Ones present themselves before you, talk to you, giving you the most precious thoughts and ideas and pouring their souls into you.
The present book, ‘Lectures on Yoga and Vedanta’, is a collection of lectures given by Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj on different occasions.
It is earnestly hoped that the readers will be highly benefited by a study and practice of these lectures.
SRIMAT APPAYYA DIKSHITA
GREATEST KEVALA ADVAITA
JNANI AND YOGI
SALUTATIONS TO BRAHMAN
I bow down to that Brahman which, through Its divine powers, though unborn seems to be born, though only One appears to be many, which to the eye of the illusioned appears to be endowed with manifold objective attributes and dispels all the fears of the devotees.
(Sri Sankara: Mandukya Upanishad Bhashya)
1st November 1942
Vedanta is no creed, no ceremony, or form of worship. It boldly proclaims with emphasis that you are the immortal, all-pervading Soul or Brahman in essence.
Knowledge of Brahman alone can free you from the clutches of ignorance and death. This knowledge should come to you as a direct realisation through intuition.
Mere scholarship will not help you to attain the goal. Meditate. Realise. Be free.
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go Back
Last Updated: Tuesday, 28-Aug-2018 23:23:24 EDT
Mail Questions, Comments & Suggestions to :