|THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY||HOME||TEACHINGS||MESSAGES||RELIGIONS||DISCOURSE||SAINTS||SWAMI SIVANANDA|
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go BackPaperback: 40 pages
Book Dimensions: 7.0 x 4.75 x 0.10 inches
Shipping Weight: 40 grams
by Swami Sivananda
Table of Contents
About This Book (Back Cover) Preface The Light That Enlightens Tree of Wisdom Pearls of Wisdom Jnana Panchadashi Gems of Wisdom Ambrosia This way, to Eternal Bliss! Virtues of a Superman The Glorious Life in The Spirit This is Yoga, Hey Saumya! Yoga Pillars of Religion Aphorisms Sivananda Agama Divine Life in Daily Life Wisdom of The East Wisdom Flashes The Veil Unveiled
About This Book
Human life is sacred, because it is related to the Divine Life, and this relation of the human to the Divine is not an external contact or a feeling of any possession but an inseparable dependence, and a Self-inclusion of Spirit in itself.
H.H. Sri Swami Sivanandaji has, in this illuminating booklet, served a variety of dishes to the hungry soul aspiring to reach the consummation of its existence, in this Divine Experience. Intensely practical, pointed and suitable to every occasion, this piece of spiritual literature, we hope, will meet a pressing demand from the world of seekers.
Sri Swamiji Maharaj, filled with cosmic love, has churned out the Scriptures of every sort and collecting the very cream of them all, the ambrosia of life, has presented in this booklet, for the ready consumption of everyone on earth.
Human life is sacred, because it is related to the Divine Life, and this relation of the human to the Divine is not an external contact or a feeling of any possession but an inseparable dependence, and a Self-inclusion of Spirit in itself. H.H. Sri Swami Sivanandaji has, in the following pages of this illuminating booklet, served a variety of dishes to the hungry soul aspiring to reach the consummation of its existence, in this Divine Experience. Intensely practical, pointed and suitable to every occasion, this piece of spiritual literature, we hope, will meet a pressing demand from the world of seekers.
—THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY
THE LIGHT THAT ENLIGHTENS
1. Seek your freedom and salvation within yourself.
2. Watch your thoughts. A single thought about the past, a single evil thought can drag you down. Beware.
3. The world is too much with you and tempts you to forget God.
4. Repent. Determine not to sin again. Repeat Lord’s Name. You will be purified.
5. Every object in the world has a lesson to teach and he who has eyes, let him see.
6. Sannyasa springs from the renunciation of desires.
7. It is from renunciation of desires, egoism and attachment that springs the sweet fruit of final salvation.
8. Sannyasa and worldliness can never go together.
9. Make your life itself a continuous prayer of thanks giving to the Lord.
10. Not quantity, but quality is the essential requisite.
11. Not matter, but Spirit is the essential requisite.
12. The first thing the disciple has to learn is to be humble and obedient.
13. There is no land which is not your own, because the whole earth is your kith and kin.
14. Your foremost duty is to remember God always. Evolve ways and means to achieve this.
TREE OF WISDOM
Seed is discrimination.
Root is faith, devotion and aspiration.
Trunk is self-restraint.
Branches are renunciation, humility, truth and purity.
Leaves are courage, tolerance and love.
Flowers are everlasting peace and bliss.
Fruit is Brahma Jnana or Knowledge of the Self.
1. There is no pleasure in sense-objects. Eternal Bliss is in the Atma alone.
2. I must realise God now.
3. Serve, Love, Give, Purify, Meditate, Realise.
4. World is God. Service of humanity is worship of God.
5. Adapt, adjust, accommodate.
6. Be good, do good. Be kind, be compassionate.
7. Be humble. Be simple. Be noble.
8. Give, give, give. This is the secret of abundance.
9. Practise Ahimsa, Satyam and Brahmacharya.
10. Eat a little, drink a little, talk a little, sleep a little.
11. Aspire fervently, pray devotedly. Meditate seriously, realise quickly.
12. Detach. Attach. D.I.N
13. Enquire ‘Who am I?’ Know the Self and be free.
14. Nothing exists. Nothing belongs to me. I am neither mind, nor body. Immortal Atman I am.
15. Seek. Find. Enter. Rest.
DIVINE LIFE IN DAILY LIFE
1. Divine Life is Yoga in Daily Life.
2. Yoga is spirituality in practice.
3. Indian culture is based on the spiritual principle of Unity in diversity.
4. The practice of Vedanta makes one enter into the hearts of all beings.
5. Religion must flower in the heart of man.
6. True culture consists in the enblossoming of spirituality in the life of man.
7. To behold the Atman in all beings and all beings in Atman is real living.
8. Stick to the ideals of Truth, love and purity.
9. Truth is Reality—that which is enduring and permanent.
10. Without truth, love is brittle and devoid of purity, love does not flower.
11. Love flows from the heart of one who meditates on God.
12. There is nothing that the world needs today more than mutual understanding.
13. The Yoga of Synthesis is what is needed to be practised throughout the world today.
14. More than political and other meetings, spiritual conferences are of paramount importance now.
15. Knowledge without wisdom brings troubles and sorrows.
16. Of all gifts the gift of spiritual knowledge is the greatest.
WISDOM OF THE EAST
1. O Man! Go back to nature and not to science.
2. Man acquires too much worldly knowledge as to make himself an ignorant fool.
3. He who is immersed in worldliness is a round-about fool.
4. Truth is uncompromising.
5. Truth cannot dwell in a passionate man.
6. There is no enemy like anger, no fire like lust, no temptation like money and no intoxicant like power.
7. Arrogance is a mixture of impertinence, disobedience, indiscipline, rudeness, harshness and self-assertive nature.
8. Forbearance is a mixture of patience, endurance, tolerance and forgiveness.
9. He who has no possession or attachment is free from grief and fear.
10. It is great loss to a man when he cannot smile and laugh. Laughing is the best tonic to keep one healthy.
11. Trials are sent by God to train you to lead a higher life of strength, love, devotion, purity and wisdom.
12. Prayer and meditation are the solvents for the cares, worries and anxieties of life.
13. Learn to work together.
14. Forgo your rapture, your ecstasy, your meditation, and serve the man in distress and agony. This is the highest Yoga.
15. Look upon your misfortune as deliverance from a worse calamity and feel grateful to God for it.
16. The secret of success in life is time rightly used. Every moment is precious. Time lost is lost for ever.
17. Kill all memory of past experiences. March forward. Look not back.
18. Pure conscience is the voice of God.
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go Back
Last Updated: Tuesday, 25-Mar-2008 00:57:38 EDT
Mail Questions, Comments & Suggestions to :