|THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY||HOME||TEACHINGS||MESSAGES||RELIGIONS||DISCOURSE||SAINTS||SWAMI SIVANANDA|
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go BackPaperback: 94 + (16) pages
Book Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.25 inches
Shipping Weight: 110 grams
A BOON TO DIABETICS
by Swami Sivananda
Table of Contents
1. Publishers’ Note (7) 2. Prayer for Health and Long Life (9) 3. Mantras for Japa (10) 4. Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra (11) 5. The Vedantic Health Tonic (12) 6. Prayer to the Sun (13)
CLINICAL FEATURES AND DIAGNOSIS OF DIABETES MELLITUS
1. Incidence 20 2. Aetiology (Cause) 20 3. Symptomatology 21 4. Investigations 21 5. Benedict’s Qualitative Test 21 6. Benedict’s Quantitative Test 22 7. Clinitest 22 8. Complications of Diabetes 23
MANAGEMENT OF DIABETES MELLITUS
1. Hygiene for the Diabetic 24 2. Diet Therapy and Drug Therapy 24 3. Oral Anti-Diabetes Drugs 30 4. Indication for Oral Therapy 30
ADVICE TO DIABETICS
1. Nine Important Remedies 34
1. Prescriptions 38
NATUROPATHIC AND CHROMOPATHIC TREATMENTS
1. Cause 40 2. Treatment 41
YOGIC PANACEA FOR DIABETES
1. Diabetes Mellitus 43
1. Food for Diabetic Patients 45 2. The Best Diet 48
1. I Am Diabetes 50 2. Mother Nature Protects 51 3. I Am a Messenger of God 51 4. A Medicine According to Prakriti 52 5. Diabetes Specifics 52 6. Fasting Is Highly Beneficial 53 7. Anti-Diabetic Vedantic Tablet 53 8. Deny Diabetes 54 9. Know the Non-Diabetic Realm 54 10. Diabetes’ Soliloquy 54 11. A Last Word to Diabetics 55
DIABETES AND ITS CONTROL
1. Diabetes and the Diet 64 2. Construction of Diabetic Diets 65 3. Juvenile Diabetes 75 4. Index to Diabetic Treatment 92
It is well-known that the uniqueness of Swami Sivananda lies in his faculty for synthesis. That explains in a measure how, though all the time rapt in the Divine, he is able to look after human interests and settle human problems; how, in short, he is able to blend beautifully modern realism with ancient idealism. His analytic brain, his synthetical heart, his serving hand and his variegated personality are fast becoming household words. His spiritual eminence, his intellectual acuteness and his untiring diligence in work call for admiration and, to the extent possible, for emulation.
The myriad-minded Swamiji’s illuminating insight has penetrated and illumined every recess of human nature, of the triune man—body, mind and soul. The science of sweeping is as important and familiar to him as the Science of the Self. He rejects nothing; he accepts everything and views them in a higher light and gives an entirely new and yet old technique for the integration of the entire personality of man. Whenever one tries to seek in his encyclopaedic works for a solution of a problem or problems, one is never disappointed. In him we find a rare genius who touches every point of life with equal clarity and facility and who gives a touch of gracefulness to the commonest thing he does. It is no wonder, therefore, that such a versatile saint, who had already given us such well-known books as Family Doctor, Health and Long Life, Practical Household Remedies, Health and Happiness and Practice of Nature Cure, should now present to us a fresh boon of the kind that readers will find in this brochure on diabetes. There are a number of pamphlets and books on the subject. But what distinguishes this brochure from them all is its approach to the problem, which is as exhaustive and as many-sided as its author.
In the first part of the book a detailed analysis is made about the nature of diabetes and its cure, in general. Then the various kinds of urine-tests are described, followed by a brief but adequate explanation of the allopathic, homeopathic, Ayurvedic, naturopathic and chromopathic treatments of diabetes. Then the Swami goes on to describe the Yogic panacea for diabetes and gives all the necessary dietetic hints for a diabetic. Thus concludes the first section of the book.
The book has also a philosophical import. Swamiji describes how spiritual strength can conquer diabetes. An index to diabetic treatment is added at the end of the book. In the present edition a thorough revision of the material has been made in the light of recent developments in medical knowledge.
We have great pleasure in presenting to readers this rare contribution of a spiritual luminary. It is hoped that sufferers from diabetes will derive immense benefit by following the instructions contained in this book.
THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY
Prayer For Health And Long Life
O adorable Lord of compassion and love,
Prostrations and salutations unto Thee.
O Lord, give me good health and long life,
Free me from my disease, O Lord of my Life.
Let my limbs be strong and firm.
Let my senses function vigorously.
Let my mind be fixed in Thee.
Let the three humours be harmonious.
Let the Koshas vibrate harmoniously.
Let me be full of vim, vigour and vitality.
Let my body, senses, serve Thee.
And let them not do any mischief or wrong.
Mantras For Japa
OM Sri Sat-Guru Paramatmane Namah
OM Sri Ganesaya Namah
OM Sri Saravanabhavaya Namah
OM Namah Sivaya
OM Namo Narayanaya
OM Namo Bhagavate Vaasudevaya
OM Sri Ramaya Namah
OM Sri Sarasvatyai Namah
OM Sri Durgayai Namah
OM Sri Mahalakshmyai Namah
OM Sri Suryaya Namah
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
Om Tryambakam yajaamahe
Mrityor muksheeya maamritaat
We worship the Three-eyed One (Lord Siva), who is fragrant and who nourishes all borings; may He liberate us from death for the sake of Immortality, even as a cucumber is severed from its bondage (of the creeper).
1. This Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is a life-giving Mantra. In these days, when life is very complex and accidents are frequent, this Mantra wards off death by snake-bite, lightning, motor-accidents, fire-accidents, cycle-accidents, water-accidents, air-accidents and accidents of all descriptions. Besides, it has a great curative effect. Diseases pronounced incurable by doctors are cured by this Mantra, when chanted with sincerity, faith and devotion. It is a weapon against all diseases. It is a Mantra to conquer death.
2. It is also a Moksha Mantra. It is Lord Siva’s Mantra. It bestows long life (Deergha Ayus), peace (Shanti), wealth (Aisvarya), prosperity (Pushti), satisfaction (Tushti) and immortality (Moksha).
3. On your birthday, repeat one lakh of this Mantra or at least 50,000, perform Havan and feed Sadhus, the poor and the sick. This will bestow on you long life, peace and prosperity.
The Vedantic Health Tonic
Repeat the following formula, meditating on the significance:
"I AM DISEASELESS,
OM OM OM"
Prayer To The Sun
I always adore Surya, the sun, the beautiful Lord of the world, the immortal quintessence of Vedanta, the auspicious, the absolute Brahmic knowledge, the ever-pure, the one, true consciousness of the world, the Lord of Indra, of the gods and of men, the preceptor of the gods, the crest-jewel of the three worlds, the very heart of Brahma, Vishnu and Siva, the Giver of light.
The shining golden orb dazzles my vision of Thine, O Sun, soothen it so that I, who am devoted to the Truth, may behold Thee.
O Sun, the offspring of the Almighty, the lonely Courser of heaven, the controller and the supporter of all, soothen Thy rays, mellow Thy light; through Thy grace, I behold the most blessed form of Thine; I am indeed He, that Being, who dwells there.
Prostration to Him who is affectionate to all.
Prostration to Him who is the cause for change.
Prostration to Him who induces activity
Prostration to Him who diffuses Light.
Prostration to Him who moves in the sky.
Prostration to Him who nourishes all.
Prostration to Him who contains everything.
Prostration to Him who possesses rays.
Prostration to Him who is God of gods.
Prostration to Him who produces everything.
Prostration to Him who is fit to be praised.
Prostration to Him who is the cause for lustre.
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go Back
Last Updated: Tuesday, 25-Mar-2008 00:58:48 EDT
Mail Questions, Comments & Suggestions to :