|THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY||HOME||TEACHINGS||MESSAGES||RELIGIONS||DISCOURSE||SAINTS||SWAMI SIVANANDA|
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go BackHardcover: 317 + ix pages
Book Dimensions: 8.75 x 5.75 x 0.75 inches
Shipping Weight: 630 grams
SEEK THE BEYOND
by Swami Chidananda
Table of Contents
Publishers’ Note v
Part One: The Universal Is Speaking to the Universal
1. The Universal Is Speaking to the Universal 5 2. From the Universal to the Universal 9 3. Reach for the Beyond 15
Part Two: Liberation is Possible!
4. Is Liberation Possible? 21 5. Thinking Only of God 23 6. Follow Your Star 27 7. Perseverance and Aspiration Lead to Success 31 8. What Is True Success? 35 9. The Importance of Joy 39 10. Desire and Deserve 43 11. The Spirit Has To Be Kept Up 49 12. Looking at Problems from a Different Angle of Vision 53 13. The World Is Not Our Enemy! 57 14. God Is Present in the Midst of the Human Condition 63 15. Tap the Infinite Source of Energy 67 16. Always Be Positive! 73 17. You Are That! 77 18. No Distance Between Us and Reality 81 87
Part Three: Seek The Beyond
20. The Light that Banishes Darkness 97 21. Know the Unknowable 101 22. Who Is It That Knows? 105 23. Going Beyond the Mind 111 24. Your Highest Good! 119 25. Blasting the Myth 123 26. Affirm: Only Reality Exists 127 27. Going Beyond Samadhi 131
Part Four: What Is Living Spirituality?
Living Spirituality Means Living in the Divine.
28. Beyond Even a Stream of Holiness 139 29. Be Rooted in the One 143 30. How Can There Be Sorrow when Bliss Alone Exists? 149 31. Go Beyond Attachment and Aversion 161 32. The Blemish of the Sattvic Intellect 165 33. The Type of Mind You Should Pray For 169 34. Live in Alert Awareness of Your Divine Identity 173 35. Dwell in God-thought 177 36. Light Alone Is 181
Part Five: What Is Living Spirituality?
Living Spirituality Means Transformation.
It Means Seeing Clearly.
37. Are Spiritual Practices Necessary? 189 38. Ego—the Sworn Enemy of Man 199 39. The Best Part of Knowledge 205 40. What Is Knowledge Doing for Us? 209 41. Free Yourselves from the Gunas 213 42. See Yourself Impartially 217 43. You Must Be Committed 223 44. We Are Judged by Our Own Life and Truth 235 45. Purposefully Direct the Power Potential Within 241 46. Be Master of the Mind and Intellect! 247
Part Six: What Is Living Spirituality?
Living Spirituality Means Devotion.
It Means Surrender.
47. The Essence of Worship and Prayer 255 48. Prayer Must Become Part of Our Life and Action 259 49. What Should Be Our Relationship to the Divine Power? 263 50. The Secret of Inner Serenity 267 51. A Higher Vision 275 52. The Coexistence of Self-effort and Surrender 281 53. The Soul of Surrender 287 54. You Must Take the Leap! 293 55. Want Nothing. 299
For over 50 years, Swami Chidananda, the spiritual successor of the legendary founder of The Divine Life Society, His Holiness Swami Sivananda, travelled throughout India and abroad urging his listeners to live the divine life and to seek the Beyond. That this is possible has been fully demonstrated in Swamiji’s own life. Swamiji at once expresses a deep stillness arising from a continuous abidance in the Beyond and at the same time demonstrates the divine life through his love and service of the Divine in all of creation.
In this unique book, containing a selection of early morning mediation talks given in the sacred Samadhi Hall at Sivananda Ashram, Swami Chidananda, from his own deep realisation and understanding, guides us in our journey towards the Beyond. Swamiji teaches that liberation is here and now, but we must choose to live in the Divine and refuse to be lost in worldly desires and pursuits.
Sanskrit language words have been put in italics. Normally their meaning can be understood by the context or their English equivalent which follows within commas or parenthesis. Otherwise, their meaning can be found in the comprehensive Glossary. Most of the photos included with the text were taken as Swamiji gave his early morning talks in the Samadhi Hall during the years 2003 and 2004.
THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY
—THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY
Buy this book | Online Bookstore | Go Back
Last Updated: Wednesday, 05-Nov-2008 09:14:43 EST
Mail Questions, Comments & Suggestions to :