|THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY||HOME||TEACHINGS||MESSAGES||RELIGIONS||DISCOURSE||SAINTS||SWAMI SIVANANDA|
YOGA-VEDANTA FOREST ACADEMY (THE DIVINE LIFE SOCIETY),
P.O. SHIVANANDANAGAR, Pin: 249 192, District Tehri-Garhwal, Uttarakhand, (India)
Applications are hereby invited for undergoing the 78th (Seventy-fifth) residential YOGA-VEDANTA COURSE of two months duration, i.e., from Wednesday, 20th August to Saturday, 18th October, 2014. This Course will be held in the Academy premises at the Headquarters of the Divine Life Society, Shivanandanagar, Rishikesh. Last date for receipt of applications is 20th of July, 2014.
The details are as follows:
1. It is open to Indian citizens (Men) only. The classes are for admitted applicants who have been duly registered as students for the course.
2. Age Group: Between 20 and 65 years.
(a) Preferably Graduate with keen spiritual aspiration and deep interest in the practice of Yoga-Vedanta.
(b) Must be able to converse in English fluently as the medium of instruction is English.
(c) Should have sound health.
4. Duration of the Course:—Two months’ residential Course on Yoga, Vedanta and Cultural Values.
5. Scope and syllabus of the Course:
(a) An outline study of History of Indian and Western Philosophy, Studies in Upanishads, Studies in Religious Consciousness, study of the Bhagavadgita, Patanjali's Yoga System, Narada Bhakti Sutras and the Philosophy of Swami Sivananda.
(b) Practical:—Asana, Pranayama, Meditation and Karma Yoga, Lectures, Group discussions, Questions and Answers, final examination will form part of the Course.
6. There will be no charges for training, boarding and lodging. Pure vegetarian food (Breakfast and two meals a day only) will be provided. Smoking, drinking and use of intoxicants are strictly prohibited.
7. The students who are admitted for the Course and complete the training shall give an undertaking that they will pursue and practise the teachings in their life.
8. The aim of the Yoga-Vedanta Forest Academy is not merely an academic equipment of students, but to prepare the students for a successful life in the world and to facilitate the living of a wholesome life with an integrated personality. The Course conducted in this Academy is more of the nature of an all-round discipline than merely providing students with scriptural learning or textual information.
You will need Acrobat Reader to view and print the following files:
Download Application Form
The Yoga-Vedanta Forest Academy,
The Divine Life Society,
P.O. SHIVANANDANAGAR—249 192,
District Tehri-Garhwal, Uttarakhand,
(i) The selected student alone is expected to come. He is not permitted to bring along any other family member or relative with him.
(ii) The above syllabus (vide 5) is subject to slight alterations without previous notice, in case such a need arises.
Last Updated: Monday, 21-Jul-2014 20:43:42 EDT
Mail Questions, Comments & Suggestions to :